Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


So, I wanted to go and see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince opening night. I wasn't sure where we wanted to go see it, but we ended up hearing about a place called the Alamo Drafthouse. This is a Movie Theater chain that has locations all over Texas and I think a few out of state. Grant was a great sport, and was very willing to come see it with me at midnight on July 14th which I think was a Tuesday.



What makes this movie theater special, is that you have your own servers as shown above that wait on you throughout the whole movie if you need either food or drinks of any form.




Grant took a picture for me of part of the theater. You can see it is kind of like a dinner theater where you eat and watch at the same time. There is a row of seats and then a small top that stretches across the whole isle.



Here is an example of the table tops. You get a menu at the beginning and decide what you want to order, then they have pieces of paper where you can write the things down during the movie, and if the waiter sees a piece of paper, they will come pick it up and get your order processed.






All of the food is made in house, obviously it isn't too cheap, but if you don't get that much food or stuff to drink you should be fine. Also, this was a special occasion!!! The opening night of HARRY POTTER ;p. Anyway, Grant got his really good pizza with spinach, sundried tomatoes, and lot of cheese. Before we came to this we had, had dinner at an elder's house in our church and had met a couple that were missionaries in Thailand. We had eaten a lot of good food there, so we weren't expecting to eat a lot at the movies. I got a chocolate molten cake which was delicious! Sorry I don't have a before picture, but I didn't want to disturb anyone during the movie to have Grant take a picture.

Since it was the Harry Potter movie, they had about 5 to 6 dishes that were English favorites from treackle tart to Mrs. Weasley's onion soup. We ended up not getting them because of the prices, but I did get some butter beer which was a very interesting,but tasty treat. They also have a Harry Potter Feast where you pay a lot more, it isn't on opening night, but all of the food you can eat is included... I just wanted to see the movie as soon as possible.




It cracked me up how this place had it own version of platform 9 3/4. Grant and I are cool enough to have been at the one in London, but this was good enough. Also, you can see that this was after the movie around 3ish, I think, so we are a bit tired.




Oh, one last thing, since it was an opening night production, the gave everyone a piece of film from this movie which was an unexpected surprise.



Grant was trying to show what part of the movie it was from,but I'll just have to tell you that it was Harry and Dumbledore in our part of the strip.

0 comments: